ADHD and Autism in a bottle - Introduction to me

Hi, I'm Isys and here a is a massive info dump about me.

I was born and raised in a small ass town in Gippsland called Sale. Honestly save yourself the time and money and don't go. It literally only has a few parks, a mall (which isn't that big), and an art gallery. The only reason why I still go down is to see my family, like that's it, like my boyfriend (shocker, I know) is bored of my town and he's only been twice! I moved up to Melbourne so I can study teaching, and honestly regretting on where I'm staying, like my building is great, and my room is great, and it covers my bills and whatnot but oh my god (Yea that's right I used god's name in vain at a catholic university) the rent is insane! I pay over a grand a fortnight for a tiny studio apartment that you can take ten steps in max.

The only tests I've gotten A+s on were the ADHD and Autism tests that my therapist suggest I take (+ one math test in year 11). With those tests I also got to tell my parents that they were wrong. I got told that it was pretty obvious that I have ADHD by a psychologist when he took a look at my Year 2 report and saw "Isys is easily distracted, has trouble focusing, and needs to be more organised" in the first line. 
Now you might be thinking, "Isys you don't look autistic" and to that I say, you're an ableist and I would like to know what autism looks like to you. Also, you're a blog post how are you supposed to know what autism looks like? AND I mask so much I can't take it off, been masking since I got out of the womb. To be honest I probably should be on medication, but alas it's too expensive for this broke ass unemployed uni student, so I've been doing what I've been doing for the past 19 years of my life and raw dogging this thing we call life.

Fact: I hate the medical industry. No not like "Vaccines are giving the children autism" kind of way, though thinking about it, I got vaccinated and turns out I have autism, so maybe there's truth to it. Anway off topic, I hate the medical industry cause when they were studying medicine, they didn't bother to study the female anatomy oh and doctors don't believe me (Except my gp back home) and suggest yoga for bed crippling pain. So now I'm stuck with POTENTIALLY having endometriosis until I get a surgery to get it confirmed. For those who don't know what endometriosis is, let me give YOU an education. I hope you have done basic sex ed cause if not you might not understand all too well (All too Well, name of a Taylor Swift song). So pretty much what happens is the endometrium lining that grows inside the uterus, grows elsewhere as well as the uterus, and when I say elsewhere, I mean on the fallopian tubes, the stomach, the lings, the brain, bones, joints, if you can think it probably there to. This can cause HUGE amounts of pain. 
 
I am a HUGE Swifty, I went to Taylor Swift's concert this year (Major flex if I do say so myself). Around this time, I got hit up by an ex (Who we absolutely hate), so in return I sent him a video of Taylor Swift singing the chorus to We Are Never Getting Back Together at the concert and his response was "Oh did you go to the concert?" Like dude take a hint! Anway getting off topic, this isn't about him, it's about yours truly. I plan on going into a Bachelor of Education for primary and secondary. This is so that way I can pick and choose what kind of students I want to teach. Like there's pros and cons for both, such as primary students are more willing to do what you ask of them BUT they're sick half the time. Whereas high school kids you're able to talk to them like a human being BUT they also chat back and, in some cases, make teachers want to quit teaching as a career all together (this actually happened in my high school while I was attending).

Now that you have a somewhat brief introduction about me, I think I might just conclude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of myself

ALL ABOUT DANI!

Welcome to Digital Literacies.