A DAY IN MY LIFE USING TECHNOLOGY

 



A DAY IN MY LIFE USING TECHNOLOGY




Hello and welcome to my vlog! I am Prerana and I'll take you through a day, highlighting how I use digital technology. As someone who prefers a balanced approach to technology, I strive to use it effectively without letting it take over my life. 



Morning Routine


The first app I use is "Moovit." This app provides me with real-time bus schedules, ensuring I never miss my ride to university. Technology makes my daily commute seamless and stress-free.




Organising My Day


Next, I turn to my Google Calendar app to update my daily tasks. While I love the idea of using a notebook, having everything on my phone is more convenient. My digital calendar helps me stay organised and on top of my responsibilities.





University Life

At university, I rely on Microsoft Teams and the university's website. These platforms provide all the information I need for my classes, assessments, and other important updates. Technology makes resources easily accessible.



Social Media and Communication


I am not on social media platforms like Instagram, Snapchat, or Twitter. The only app I use for communication is WhatsApp for texting.     This choice helps me avoid the pitfalls of social media addiction, such as time wastage and unnecessary comparisons.



Often, my new friends ask me for my Instagram ID, and they are amazed when I tell them I am not on Instagram or any social media. They wonder how I manage without it, especially since almost everyone is on Instagram.


Evening Routine


After university, I go for a walk with my phone on silent, finding solace in nature. This daily routine helps me disconnect from the digital world. I understand the importance of technology, but I also cherish moments of peace and simplicity.



   
  Nature Walk




   


Entertainment and Studies

In the evening, from 5:30 PM to 8 PM, I dedicate time to my studies and assessments. After 8 pm, I use YouTube to listen to Bollywood songs, podcasts, and travel vlogs. I watch web series or movies very, very rarely. 




Night Routine


I avoid using any digital devices at least 30-40  minutes before bedtime.  







Even though I was born in 2005, I vividly remember a time without smartphones and social media. Back then, communication relied on telephones, emails, or face-to-face meetings, creating a simpler, less interconnected world. Radios, televisions, and CD players provided our entertainment, and life unfolded at a more measured pace. It's astonishing to realise how dramatically this has all changed in just a decade. I strive to recreate that environment by using technology only when necessary. I don’t spend meaningless hours on my phone, ensuring a more focused and productive day.



Reflecting on Technology


Despite being a Gen Z, I am fascinated by communities like the Andaman Nicobar tribes, who live disconnected from the modern world and vigorously reject all contact with the outside world because they represent a way of life that is untouched by modern distractions. Their ability to live simply and in harmony with nature is something I deeply admire and often long for in our increasingly digital age.  



Conclusion


This was a glimpse into my daily life and how I use technology mindfully. Thank you for reading! 





Popular posts from this blog

A bit of myself

Nikita ManuelS00383153_A Day In My Digital Life