A Day In My Digital Life

Korean BBQ 😍
Welcome To My Digital Life📱
By Matthew Watmore
If you're like me and you find it hard to wake up on time every morning, then you're probably dependent on your phone alarm 👀 
And if your phone is out of battery, what do you do? Sounds like an existential crisis!!! ;)

Hey everyone, I'm Matt!
I was born in 2001, which I believe was the best year to be born (no arguments, please) because it was around the time when technology really took off! 🚀


Yes, it's been about 23 years since the invention of the Apple iPod. Feeling old yet?
Since Apple burst onto the scene, it has become one of the largest tech companies in the world, influencing the course of society. The company manufactures a variety of products that cater to every aspect of life, inadvertently creating the bridge between the digital world and our lives.


"In this world that is forever learning yet never coming to the knowledge of the truth, are we evolving into a tech-topian society?"

Let me show you what I mean and connect you to how technology impacts my daily life.




From an outsider's point of view, this video may seem DISMAL but the HARSH reality is this is the truth. The video of a day in the life of an ordinary adult is evidently relatable to my life.

Coffee = Sustenance to life

Facebook App Logo Sticker GIF
Instagram Logo And Word Design GIF






Social/Entertainment

My typical morning starts with the urgency to check my social media platforms, which quickly raises my resting heart rate from 60 bpm up to 100 bpm before I even get the chance to acknowledge that I've woken up. I usually start by checking my Gmail first, as this is the most important platform for me. 

Gmail is a global email service that allows users to send and receive messages from all over the world. Its capabilities and integration with Google services make it more advantageous than any other email platform.

Jim Carrey Mail Sent Rapid Typing
What no one told you adulthood would be like 😅 
When it comes to staying connected on social media, I regularly check Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat throughout the day. I find these networking platforms to be the most efficient for keeping in contact with friends and family either via sending memes or funny videos. Facebook also has a trading feature that allows users to independently buy, sell, or trade items worldwide. It's called 'Marketplace'. This feature can be quite addictive. 


Streaming platforms like Netflix to watch movies, TV shows, and Documentaries are a must-have in today's society! I am guilty of watching these for half an hour before bed every night, sometimes I feel like my life is a nonstop tech parade 💁



My Daily Screen Time









His voice is calming while going to sleep

















Work & University

Since starting university this year, I have found myself relying heavily on technology. Life is so fast-paced and overwhelming at times, but I have to say that technology has been a lifesaver! With various software and digital platforms, I can keep up with my course content and stay connected with my colleagues and lecturers effortlessly.

At work, I need to make up to 10 phone calls a day and log my movements and tasks. Mobile phones, calls, and SMS make this process easy. We also use an application called AroFlo for work.


Aro Flo is a job management software designed to make invoicing, management, and scheduling easy for businesses.






In university, the institution requires students to have access to a digital device where they can access unique software personalised for their degree. I'm fortunate enough to have a modern MacBook Pro which has become my best friend recently. I think proximity has something to do with it??


Canvas is a learning management system used by universities to assist in online engagement, student-teacher interactions, and task management.  Any content missed by students on campus can also be accessed via the system aiding those who are unable to attend in person.






I rely on online banking for my everyday purchases, eliminating the need to carry my physical wallet with me. 

No phone = No Coffee 😩

Commbnak like many other online banking companies allows their customers to conveniently manage their accounts, pay bills, and securely conduct financial transactions online.




Being geographically challenged, I would be lost without this technology.

Maps help me navigate from point A to point B by providing direct, clear routes. 

According to the web, Google Maps provides satellite imagery, street maps, real-time traffic conditions, and route planning for all kinds of modes of transportation, such as driving, walking, biking, and public transit.



Summary Of My Digital Day

  • Upon waking up, the first thing I do is turn off my phone alarm ⏰. Then, I immediately check social media. I start with important messages from Gmail and then scroll through Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat whenever I get the chance throughout the day.
  • I use public transport to go to work or university. While at work or university, I rely on technology for various tasks. For example, navigating my route to work or university using Google Maps. My day involves making phone calls daily, using the AroFlo app for work tasks, scheduling, and invoicing, and using my laptop for all relevant purposes.
  • In the evenings, I spend some time on Facebook Marketplace buying/selling items. Lastly, I watch Netflix for 30 minutes before bed.



So cheers to you, 2001. The year that gave us both me and more importantly the iPod. One made a monumental impact on society and the other.. well 😅 It's not important.

Anyway...
If you'll excuse me, I need to go and watch another episode of Planet Earth x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of myself

A DAY IN MY LIFE USING TECHNOLOGY

Nikita ManuelS00383153_A Day In My Digital Life